Commercial WPM Preparation:
Commercial WPM can require that all concrete have a wood float finish and be for at least 6 weeks prior to waterproofing. If interested in contracting please read more information about our waterproofing services
- Rendered surfaces should be allowed to cure for at least 7 days weeks prior to waterproofing.
- All fibre cement sheets, compressed fibre cement, plasterboard structural particleboard and plywood must comply with the relevant building code.
- All surfaces must be clean, dry, free of excessive movement, oil, dust grease, curing compounds, paint and any other loose or contaminating materials.
- The surface must be smooth with no protrusions or major irregularities.
- Screws and nail heads are to be sealed with epoxy or a suitable sealant. Do not use acid cured silicones or waterbased products.
- The first coat of Commercial WPM can fill a hairline crack. Cracks up to 2mm and control joints should be filled with a suitable sealant. Neutral cure silicone or P/U construction sealant can then be taped using a 50mm wide, fabric reinforced duct tape. Internal sheet joints should also have the same treatment in the same way.
- For interior concrete, render uncoated F/C sheet and other interior absorbent substrates. Use RLA Universal primer as a primer before using Commercial WPM.
- Allow drying for about 15-30 minutes.
- For exterior concrete or for coated waterproof type external or internal F/C sheet use one coat of Dryflex Moisture Barrier water-based epoxy as the primer.
- If the concrete contains moisture use 2 coats of Dryflex Moisture Barrier (see Dryflex Moisture Barrier Data Sheet) to form a hydrostatic membrane.
- At wall-floor junctions, apply neutral silicone or polyurethane sealant (do not use acid cured silicone or water-based sealants) to form a radiused fillet of at least 25mm diameter creating a bond breaker of at least 15mm.
We sell the best tile adhesives on the market at the lowest prices. We know this because this is the material we use in our commercial jobs. See our showroom at 22 Brendan Drive Nerang, Gold Coast
For a Full Bathroom Renovation
Demolition, Waterproofing, Bedding and Lay of Tiles for
an Unbeatable $4150 with selected tiles
If you would like to Contact Us for a future quote or to by Commercial WPM in bulk, were are happy to come to your house, or if you are a Tradesman we always looking for available contractors in the Commercial Space. Sign up to Tradie Premium and Stay in the know and have access to a huge array of benefits. We would love to see you in our Gold Coast store.
Follow Us on Facebook